Lines were too long to try and get in before work, so after picking up the kids from daycare, I headed to the polls. Since the last election, Marc and I have moved. Did we think of changing our address with the voter registration....um, no! So, instead of voting at the entrance to our neighborhood, I had to head back over to where we used to live to The United Methodist Church on Morgan Road.
Apparently, this Mommy was going for "Mommy of the Year" status as I planned ahead. I got a bottle made before we left daycare just in case Abby was hungry. I talk to Ben about where we are headed and why. I said "We have to go vote". He said, "dote". I said "for the President". He said, " Pres". Perfect! I ran through the drive thru at Arby's and got Ben a milk and a snack. I find a parking spot, unload the double stroller, load up the kiddos and head into the building.
Wearing my sticker helped. Talking about "doting" helped. Milk helped too.
Ben and Abby's first trip to the polls was a very memorable experience. Only a Mommy would vote for the next President of the United States one minute and change a dirty diaper in the front seat of the car the next.
Gotta love the irony!
No comments:
Post a Comment