Thanksgiving is a day for family. It is a day to give thanks. It is one of my most favorite days.
This year Abby has joined the day's celebration. Our 2 turkeys have completed our family and have given us more than we ever dreamed possible.
This year marks the second Thanksgiving without my Dad. It still isn't the same without him at the head of the table. I miss everything about him.
Last year, I refused to have an empty seat. I moved the chair away and replaced it with Ben's highchair. This year, our big boy is no longer in a highchair, as he now sits in a booster in that 4th chair. I find it perfectly sweet that my Dad's grandson....who he adored more than life itself now sits in that 4th chair. I am certain that my Dad smiles at this!
My mom came early and we cooked a delicious meal. Marc was in charge of the turkey. My mom and I took care of the sides and desserts. Mac n cheese, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, green beans and corn, blueberry salad, deviled eggs, and rolls completed our meal. Dessert was cranberry cobbler and apple pie. (I used the Food Network's Pioneer Woman's recipe for mashed potatoes and Martha Stewart's recipe for cranberry cobbler)
The day was perfect. It was a beautiful fall day and ideal for Ben to run and play. We are truly blessed beyond measure.
No comments:
Post a Comment