Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sense of Hearing

They say that the sense of smell is the most powerful sense we have.  They say that it is directly connected to memory.  I believe this.  But I also believe that the sense of hearing is too. 

A sound or song can take you back to a place or time.....some tiny memory way back in your subconscious is brought back to daylight. 

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/muze/music/106526.jpgToday, I was in the car and a song came on the radio and this 33 year old was immediately a 7 or 8 years old and listening to an Amy Grant record.  Yes, I said record.  I was in our den, Christmas decorations around, and this record was playing.  I played the songs over and over again.  I remember getting the tape and listening to it as my Dad drove us to North Carolina for Christmas with my Granny.  I played this tape in my cassette player with my little headphones in the middle seat of our van. 

This song took me back to when I was little and my Dad was here.  I can't really describe it....but hearing that song today made me so sad but at the exact same time, made me smile.  I love all of my "Dad memories".  With each one, I became me....and he was such a big part of that.  On the eve of Thanksgiving Day.....I am so very thankful for the tiniest memories I have of my wonderful childhood....and my wonderful Dad! 


No comments:

Post a Comment