Monday, November 12, 2012

Going Postal

One of the most important things my Mom taught me growing up was writing thank you notes.  It was never a choice in the matter....if you get a gift of any sort, you get a letter out to them as soon as you can.  I would write it and my mom would address it.  As I got older, I addressed it myself.  When I got married, there were many many notes to send out.  When I had my little ones, I wrote more.  It is such a nice gesture and really doesn't take too much time.

Now, I am becoming my mom.  He has learning to always say "thank you" when someone gives him something.  He has learned to say "you're welcome" in return.  Now today, he learned to send a note.  I wrote Ben's thank you notes for his birthday gifts and then showed Ben who each was going to be mailed to.  I gave him a pen and showed him where to sign.  He was very interested in this game.....and even more in the clicking pen.  I showed him how to seal the envelope, put on the stamp, and stick on the address label. 



We then got ready to walk to the mailbox.  This morning it was raining, so Ben got on his boots, pullover, and umbrella.  Mommy got....well, her phone to take pictures.  We walk to the mailbox and put the mail in the box.  We pull the flag and off we go. 





Ben is learning new things everyday.  Today, he learned how to say thank you with the written words.  He is becoming such a big boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment